1.04.2012

So close, so soon - Wordly January, 21st



I'm not a little teapot. I'm a bucket of lard rendering over a flame. A rich jelly to spread nicely over warmed bits of toast - give the rest to the dog. So close now, gotta be careful and eat slowly so as to not burn the roof of my mouth. This be the home stretch! Don't spill.

While I cooked down I had some time to snap off a few dirty shots of the new work and in the coming days I'll throw some of those pictures up here a give y'all a look.

I also have some writing to share from the one and only Nathan Wellman. Nate developed a kind of synesthetic response to the attitude he gleaned from the sculpture. Those tasty morsels will be parceled (in small bite sized chunks, we're whetting our appetite here) out along with the new images. But be sure and remember to look for your very own copy of his words when you swing by the show.

Wordly
Jan. 14 - Feb. 17
Opening night Jan. 21
Suffolk University Art Gallery at The New England School of Art & Design

No comments:

Post a Comment