2.15.2011

A smart trap


Eyeliner is difficult to remove. At the train station Sunday night a woman approached me - she looked mid-twenties and attractive - my eyes were black. She said she was a writer/producer and very interested in westerns. "Did you see the new Coen Brother's film" - "Ah, did you see the original?" - "Oh, did you read the book?" "I said, "Jeff Bridge's eye-patch was excellent, very believable; a ruff piece of leather." She thought about that and smartly asked where did the shoot happen. I told her it was the convent up the street, talk to Father Jim he's got the details. "Cool," she goes "Som- " And I left her on the platform, the train was here, I was tired with a grey face and black eyes and I needed to wash. The eyeliner didn't come off in one, it took a few attempts and I'm not sure I had the right tools around. It's fun making movies and changing your face for people, it seems honest because the lie is so loud.

No comments:

Post a Comment