3.11.2011

Wash your privates twice behind the ears



I hear alot of things. Stories and rumors. The big problem is that it's all good. Every story, no matter how poorly communicated, is worth something. Granted the better the storyteller the greater the impact/meaning/effect of the story - we get this. I find that my taste inhibits me, more often than not, from taking in a good story. I'm too concerned with the effect of the communicator; his/her presence and theater. Homer could tell you a shit parable and you'll listen, Jerry down the street could express the great American epic and you won't hear him. Jerry is a crap storyteller. But Jerry's story might be pretty good. I have to feel for Jerry. It's not his fault that he can't speak for himself, but it's just that I want to hear something with some character, give it to me good. Jerry has things to say, but he's so dumb it doesn't work. That's what frightens me. We'll gather for our storytellers. If you tell it, people will listen. Right now thirteen year-old white boys have captured our attention. I'm so scared - and my cave isn't dark enough to block out this sound. 

No comments:

Post a Comment